Tuesday, September 20, 2011

AuStinID


There is a meeting in every city. You can talk to people there who are going through exactly what you are. You can get council or good resources to deal with the problems you face everyday.

I'm talking about ASID, not AA.

While in Austin I thought it would be a good idea to meet the local designers and get a feel for what is going on in the Southwest. I was not disappointed. Our speaker had lots to say on Google and how to get the most out of it for your business, and marketing in general. I met lots of well dressed ladies-and some khaki wearing men. I had salad and Sweet Leaf tea.

California Closets hosted the meet up and here is where I saw the difference in design from Paris, FR to Welcome to Texas. Big. F#$%ing. Closets. They are huge! But they're not all clunky wood monstrosities, we are talking the newest of materials and the best industrial design all just for storing your things! One thing I could say is that though one CC is the size of my entire apartment in France, the french would LOVE the inventive use of space. So well organized and so thought out, a place for everything-and everything in its place. I should have CC re-design my french apartment, I would find enough room in my 10x10' cubical for a guest loft and an office...

The true mark of a good ASID meeting; networking enough to mingle together a good crew for Friday's happy hour. All in all, I'd say it was a very productive Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment